Monday, October 25, 2010

CSI

I liked the original CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I thought the premise was great, at the time there was a distinct lack of forensic shows and it worked. I hate cop shows, but I have always enjoyed science and stuff so this seemed like a happy middle ground. Then the spin-off started cropping up. Miami, New York plus like a thousand look alikes like Bones (which I love, I have no beef with Bones) and NCIS, which has since spawned its own spin-off: NCIS: Las Angeles.

Seriously, do we need this many shows about the same damn thing? The way I see it, the only one worth a damn  still is Bones, which is basically all the Fox network has going for it aside from Chef Ramsay shows. Vegas CSI should have ended long ago, when William Petersen left. To me, he was what made the show great; he was a quiet, introspective character who could be really funny at inappropriate times. Kind of like me. I thought they should have ended the show when he left, but no, somehow it endures. Come on guys, Nick Stokes cannot carry the show by himself, put it to rest.

I can't say too much about CSI: NY or NCIS; I don't watch them. I can tolerate NCIS sometimes, but it's hard to enjoy a show my 50 year old mother swoons over. Kinda kills the tension when she's hollering about how hot Gibbs or DiNozzo is. I enjoy the show, but it kind of grates on my nerves after 2 or 3 episodes and somehow we always seem to catch it on marathon day or something.

Now, regarding CSI: Miami. Oh dear god do I hate that show. Seriously. I mentioned it in passing on my FB but seriously, David Caruso chews more scenery in that show than John Travolta did in Battlefield: Earth. My god. He so consistently hams it up, I'm surprised there aren't teeth marks on some of the props. I know what he's doing. William Petersen usually had some kind of witty remark right before the title sequence. So Caruso's trying to do that. But see, the thing is David, William was clever about it. He didn't feel the need to chew scenery while delivering his witticisms. When he did it, it was always kind of sarcastic, with a smirk on his face. When you do it, I want to push my thumb through my eye and give myself a frontal lobotomy with my thumbnail. Seriously dude, stop it.

Well, I've said enough and I think sleep might be nice; I'm at the stage of weariness when you're sitting perfectly still, yet the floor decides its time to shimmy and shake. Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment