Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mini Review: Back to the Future: The Game

Allow me a bit of a fan boy squee of delight. Not only that this game got made, but that it's not shitty. <fanboy>SQUEEEEEE</fanboy>

Seriously though, this game is really good. The voice acting is superb, Christopher Lloyd is back as Doc Brown and it's like they just wrapped 3 yesterday. He fell right back into character and it's great. AJ as Marty is...well to paraphrase Christopher Lloyd: if I didn't know that it wasn't Michael J. Fox, I'd swear it was. He is that good.

The writing is great; of course, they had Bob Gale, the co-creator of the series, as a creative consultant and from the interviews I've seen, he had a fair amount of input. Everybody at Telltale Games did an outstanding job of capturing the spirit of the classic trilogy and putting it into the game.

I was a little worried about the art direction, when I first saw previews and screen shots and what not; it looks cartoony, but it works. I really like the way the game looks, plays and sounds. I cannot wait until February for the next installment. In short, if you're a gamer and you like Back to the Future, buy this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment