Friday, December 3, 2010

Spoofs. (Warning: Strong language)

Remember in the 80s and early 90s when spoof movies didn't suck? The Naked Gun movies, Loaded Weapon, Hot Shots! and anything by Mel Brooks were comedic gold. Now we're stuck with the '"INSERT GENRE HERE" Movie' movies and that's about it. These fuckin' movies. I haven't seen one since "Scary Movie 4" and I'm fucking glad that I haven't.

I think it's a true indictment either of how stupid the movie-going public actually is, or how stupid Hollywood thinks we are. These fucking movies take the most annoying characters, bad writing and directing and throw in copious amounts of scatological humor and call it comedy. Listen very carefully Hollywood:

THAT SHIT ISN'T FUCKING FUNNY!


The only people that laugh at scatological humor are stoners, children and idiots; oddly enough the same people that keep the show Family Guy on the air. Sure, 15 years ago, I found this shit amusing but damnit I've grown up. Why can't these fucking morons?

See, back in my day, we had we had men who knew how to do comedy, by going completely over-the-top with the ridiculousness and playing it deadpan serious. Sure, there was scatological humor, but they didn't rely completely on the disgusting shit factor. And that's why they worked. No matter how over the top things were in The Naked Gun, Leslie Nielsen played it like he was Joe fucking Friday.

I'm just rambling and swearing at this point so I'll cut this short: QUIT MAKING SHITTY SPOOFS!

PS: RIP Leslie Nielsen 11 February 1926 – 28 November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment