Sunday, September 19, 2010

Updates soon. Maybe.

No new review, just a quick update. I don't like giving a review of a half played game and I'm in the middle of three right now: Metro 2033, Alan Wake and Singularity. I've played the most on Singularity and I have to say it's probably one of the most original FPS's that I've played since maybe Powerslave on the PSX. I may do a quick write up on that one if I can find my copy of it.

Anyway, I think I'm well over half way through Singularity so I may do a full blown write-up on it, if I'm not too busy with Alan Wake, which I'm also finding intriguing, mostly because I read a lot of Stephen King and it reminds me of his writings. On the second episode now and it's decent. Haven't played much on Metro 2033, but I have to say that the currency makes much more sense in it than Fallout. It's a post-apocalyptic game where survivors have taken refuge in the Metro tunnels; anyway, the currency is military-grade ammunition, which makes more sense than bottle-caps or pretty much anything else. Let's face it, ammo is pretty much the most valuable resource anyway, why not use it instead of money?

Well, that's about all I have to say right now. I'll get back to Singularity after work tomorrow and write up my thoughts on it. I'll also hunt down Powerslave and go through it again if I can. And I may finish Legend of Dragoon and do something with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment